Search

7 Instagram stats that your business should be aware in 2020

1) As of January 2020, Instagram has 1 billion monthly users. This is a big number, and Instagram positions itself just behind Facebook (2.6) billion but ahead of most mainstream social media network sites, including Twitter (68 million) and Pinterest (332 million).

2) Almost 2 out 3 users between the ages of 18-29 are using Instagram as their main platform of choice. This is a good opportunity for businesses that wish to target the younger audience in purchasing their products, and with the majority of the age group on the platform, Instagram gains even more value.

3) Around 60% of Instagram users check the app at least once per day whilst the other 40% open the app multiple times through the day – Most of the platform’s users have a high level of engagement and tend to check the app regularly. This means that if you produce quality content, there shouldn’t be any issues reaching a wide audience consistently.


4) Approximately 70% of teenagers and young adults use Instagram. This makes the platform the most popular traditional social media site amongst teens followed closely by Snapchat (69% of teenagers use) and Facebook, which is only used by 51% of teens. A lot of brands are looking to connect with the younger generation and promote their products and Instagram represents a powerful opportunity.


5) Over 130 million users engage with shopping posts or links monthly. Users are constantly engaging with shopping posts (either through bio links or shopping stories), proving that this feature is useful in driving product/service awareness and sales. This is a very good opportunity if you are a small e-commerce business with no physical shop and wish to sell your products online.

6) Brands receive engagements rates 10 times higher on Instagram compared to Facebook. Not only brands receive engagements from more of their followers on Instagram, but they also receive 10 times higher engagements rates compared to Facebook. This proves that high quality video and photo contents will always be taken into consideration, thus the reminder that while Facebook is the market leader in terms of user numbers, Instagram is as essential in promoting your venture.

7) The Like button is hit on average of 4 billion times every day. This means that the average user scrolls through their feed and pressing the button more than once daily. This proves a willingness to engage, making brands to retain a more trustworthy and loyal following.


There you have it, 7 key statistical facts about Instagram that your business should be aware in 2020. Our soul purpose at Product Sense is to help businesses develop and implement their social media strategies effectively. If you are in need of social media marketing services do check out our website for more details.

11 views0 comments